As an early member of the Business Operations and Strategy team, you’ll focus on driving critical business insights for our Executive Team while partnering with leaders throughout Pinterest to fundamentally improve how we operate as a business. With a combination of exceptional analytical skills, an insatiable curiosity, and an entrepreneurial, “get stuff done” mindset, you’ll help us better understand our Pinners, Partners, and products, and drive important changes that will shape the future of Pinterest.
- Business Analytics. Develop a deep understanding of our users, usage, partners, and products and how they impact our business to inform important decisions across the organization. Define critical KPIs and build core operating dashboards to help teams drive operational rigor and manage performance, and perform analysis that informs key decisions and priorities.
- Strategy & Special Projects. Tackle key questions around critical growth initiatives, and partner with leaders throughout Pinterest to build business cases for potential investments. Present insights and recommendations to senior leadership, and drive the “follow through” of those recommendations to ensure smooth execution with a diverse array of cross-functional partners.
- Forecasting & Reporting. Manage the forecast models for revenue and other core enterprise metrics that drive company-wide forecasting, goal-setting, and strategic planning. Work with the Finance team and senior leaders to craft regular updates to the Board of Directors and Executive Team.
- 6+ years of experience in a variety of strategic, analytical and operational roles. You thrive on combining rigorous data-driven analysis, strong business and product intuition and judgment, and an ability to work well across a variety of teams to solve complex problems, and have done so at a fast-growing technology company. You’ve likely had investing, consulting, analytics, growth, BizOps, and/or product management experience in a prior life.
- Ability to operate “full stack”. You can ask and answer your own questions (and pull the necessary data to do so), visualize that data in high signal-to-noise ways that make key insights clear and compelling to executive audiences, and create project structure, execution plans, and momentum for yourself and those around you to drive swift action from those insights.
- Technical fluency. You have the ability and appetite to dive into the details with the analytical, data, product, and engineering teams that you will be closely partnered with to influence priorities and help translate strategy into execution.
- Structured “systems” thinker. When engaging with any problem, you think not only about the immediate solution but also ways to help Pinterest efficiently solve that problem at scale through systems and repeatable processes.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. You thrive in a fast-moving environment and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction.
- High-energy, positive team player. You have a proven ability to influence without authority and build strong working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so a low ego and a high instinct for collaboration are musts.