Pinterest is looking for a Director of Design to lead our Growth pillar spanning across both our Pinner and Business growth teams. We’re looking for a proven leader and a cross-organizational team player who thrives on teams that bias for action and results so teams ship fast at a high-quality bar. To do this you learn from both qualitative and quantitative data, and iterate quickly. You’ll be leading teams that design the future of the Pinner and Business experience on Pinterest with the ultimate goal of inspiring Pinners to do things they love.
- Manage, build, mentor, and inspire a team of Product Designers, Lead Designers, and Design Managers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work.
- Build relationships with cross functional team members and executives and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision.
- Influence product strategy and lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, and understand how to solve a range of product challenges across iOS, Android, web, mobile web, and email.
- Contribute beyond the Growth pillar to the Design team as a whole. You’ll work to up-level the entire design team through your strong skillset and work closely with the other Directors and the Head of Design to build a world-class design team.
- Hungry to learn and evolve. From leadership skills to design craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing into the next big challenge.
- 10+ years in Product Design (or equivalent) and 4+ years experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Proven track record of being an influential design leader, working with your peers to define a holistic strategy, requirements, and experiments to optimize multiple touch points of the funnel (SEO, targeted landing pages, on-boarding, communications, signed in/out workflows, etc.).
- Ability to both paint a long-term vision of where we should go as a company, but also have the ability to strategically approach design through A/B testing to widen our funnel on an already widely used product in the short-term as well as have a north star to guide us along the way.
- Strong ability to accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows within the design team and cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of being able to balance ambiguity, fast iterative sprints, business awareness, technology, organizational agility, research and data insights, and high design quality.