Pinterest personalizes millions of experiences by using machine learning algorithms to sift through our catalog of a hundred billion Pins to find the best content for each Pinner. To provide high quality data to build these algorithms, our engineering teams rely heavily on human labelling platforms and services this team has built from the ground up. As we look to scale these platforms both vertically and horizontally, we’re looking for an engineering manager to join the team to drive technical excellence and curiosity. We need someone that will take risks with the team’s roadmap while providing a concrete vision both internally and externally. This position will require an engineering manager who has experience with a wide spectrum of technologies such as hadoop workflow, UI design and development, performance tuning, etc, and leading a highly impactful team.
- Design and scale company-wide offline measurement and human evaluation platforms for organic and ad content
- Drive short term and long term vision for the team, expanding impact horizontally and vertically
- Partner with stakeholders to align engineering efforts for high impact human labelling initiatives
- Provide visibility for senior leadership into the team’s global impact
- Familiar with languages such as Python, Java or C++.
- Familiar with Hadoop, Hive and Big Data
- Familiar with UI and Web Application Development
- 5+ years of experience in software development in a major language
- 1+ year experience in leading a highly impactful engineering team
- Curiosity for leveraging human evaluation for measurement