Pinterest is a fast growing platform that helps people discover ideas for their daily life. You’ll join the Search Feature team to help users explore and find the things they love through a unique visual search experience that spans answers and inspiration. We’re working on all kinds of challenges to connect our 200M+ pinners with high quality content through pins, pinners, and boards.
- Work on all aspects of the search recommendations and personalization problems end-to-end.
- Build user-facing search feature products that keep Pinners engaged with personalized and diversified content (e.g. autocomplete, guided search, search recommendation, and inner/inter session search personalization).
- Tackle unique challenges from query understanding, diversification, safety, personalization to human evaluation.
- Perform end-to-end work on all aspects of the universal search system that powers searches across all platforms and interfaces by serving and ranking diverse content, including pins, pinners and videos.
- 2+ years relevant search/ranking/recommendation experience
- Technical background in Machine Learning and Information Retrieval
- Experience working on large scale internet applications
- Experience with at least one programming language (Java, C++, Python)
- Experience with big data (hadoop/cascading etc)