The External Reporting Manager will manage our external reporting process. The ideal candidate has strong technical accounting and analytical skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The External Reporting Manager will be located at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Head of External Reporting and Technical Accounting. This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where your work will have a direct impact on Pinterest.
- Manage our external reporting process, including the preparation and review of supporting schedules and related analysis to ensure accurate compilation and reporting of financial data in accordance with US GAAP. This involves gathering information for quarterly reviews, annual audits and other regulatory filings.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies to support the possibility of a future public filing, which would include Form S-1 and subsequent SEC reporting requirements including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and proxy filings.
- Independently research and analyze accounting issues and disclosure requirements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements including recent accounting pronouncements and technical accounting projects.
- Assist with the implementation of accounting and other systems for better financial and operational reporting and an improved control environment.
- 3+ years of Big 4 public accounting experience and 2+ years industry external reporting experience. CPA is a plus.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements with effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Google Docs and Microsoft Office. Oracle and Workiva experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment, provide leadership, manage multiple priorities and work cross-functionally to meet tight deadlines.