Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online advertising platforms, and our continued success depends on our ability to scale our Ads API, the backend services that support it, and the databases that underpin it’s serving. We’re rebuilding our ads management and reporting platform to handle 1000x our current scale while also allowing our eng teams to iterate rapidly on new features. We’re looking for an experienced leader to lead this business critical team.
- Manage and grow a full stack and fast growing Ads API engineering team, providing technical vision as well as leading the day-to-day execution
- Build next-generation Ads API platform to achieve greater performance, scalability, and developer velocity
- Provide thought leadership to the entire Ads Engineering organization on the future of Ads API development
- Experience in leading or managing a large engineering team
- 8+ years of industry experience with distributed systems, transactional datastores, and systems programming
- Experience in building and owning critical user-facing API systems, and solving scaling, latency, and performance problems in high-volume low-latency distributed systems
- Proficiency in at least one of the systems languages (Java, C++, or Go)