Pinterest helps millions of people around the world find inspiration to create a life they love. We’re looking for an Investigations Lead who will build and scale our global investigations function. As part of the Legal Team, you will be responsible for conducting and coordinating all internal investigations relating to legal and compliance matters from intake to remediation. You will also be a steward of Pinterest’s culture, leveraging insights from your work to identify trends and develop strategies to ensure we act with integrity in all areas of our business. We are a small and nimble team supporting a growing company with employees on five continents, so you’ll cover a lot of ground.
- Conduct and coordinate internal investigations to facilitate prompt, fair, and effective resolution of investigations relating to employment, code of conduct, conflicts, regulatory matters, and other legal and compliance matters
- Implement an effective case management system and investigation protocols that support Pinterest values, protect the company, and ensure employees’ sense of fairness and belonging
- Work closely with compliance, legal and public policy colleagues, other control functions, the People Team, and business leaders across the company
- Maintain and enhance operations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct to help ensure we consistently use best practices, professionalism and independence, act with integrity and enhance our ability to fulfill our mission and values as a company
- Advise on corrective and preventative measures based on root cause analyses from investigations, pragmatic business enhancements and mitigation strategies, including identification of training needs
- 7+ years of experience in employment, compliance or other legal or compliance investigations with a proven track record of conducting and documenting investigations.
- Exceptional judgment, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive matters
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and rapport with participants in an investigation and inspire trust in the investigations function
- A knack for working effectively across geographical and cultural boundaries, and with employees of all seniority levels and backgrounds
- Adaptability necessary to handle ambiguous issues with multiple possible outcomes, and a pragmatic approach to identifying practical and effective resolutions.
- Strong oral and written communication, project management and organizational skills; keen attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset -- you will need to be a self-starter who is excited to build a world-class program from the ground up