Pinterest is on a mission to help millions of people across the globe to find the inspiration to create a life they love. Within the Ads Quality team, we try to connect the dots between the aspirations of Pinners and the products offered by our partners. You're responsible for developing and executing a vision for the evolution of the Pinterest marketplace. You’ll be responsible for designing and implementing online experiments that shape the utility function and lead multi-functional projects that improve the ads delivery funnel, derive new insights through analysis of the marketplace dynamics. In short, this is a unique position, where you’ll get the freedom to work across the organization to bring together Pinners and partners in this unique marketplace.
- Define and execute the vision for evolving the marketplace design principles that form the foundation of the advertising marketplace at Pinterest
- Build and improve the auction mechanism and utility functions to maximize value for Pinners, Partners and Pinterest.
- Drive multi-functional collaboration with peers and partners across the company to improve knowledge of marketplace design and operations.
- Ph.D. degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of meaningful industry experience
- Hands-on experience with building large-scale online auctions.
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
- Multi-functional collaborator and a strong communicator
- Preferred, but not required, background in machine learning