Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online ad platforms, and our success depends on mining rich user interest data that helps us connect users with highly relevant advertisers. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager with experience in machine learning, text mining, and information retrieval to lead a team that develops new data-driven techniques to boost the relevance of promoted pins. You’ll be joining an early stage team that is growing quickly and laying the foundation for Pinterest’s business success.
- Manage and grow Ads Ranking engineering team, providing technical vision and long-term roadmap.
- Design features and build large-scale machine learning models to improve ad targeting, relevance, and engagement
- Develop new techniques for inferring user interests from online activity
- Mine text and visual signals to better understand promoted pin relevance
- Architect new systems for doing ad optimization at internet scale
- Work with product and sales teams to design and implement new ad products
- Experience in leading or managing 10+ person engineering team
- 5+ years of industry experience building production machine learning systems at scale, data mining, search, recommendations, and/or natural language processing
- Experience with ads ranking is a big plus