Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love. We're looking for a highly motivated and analytical Technical Program Manager to drive the future of our ML platforms. You’ll work with Engineering teams to understand customer needs, build a roadmap and deliver one of Pinterest’s most critical technical platforms.
LI - DM2
- Become the expert on internal use of ML infra and signals to build and operationalize models
- Understand how internal Engineering teams across Pinterest use Machine Learning. Dig deep into how ML solves critical problems, current risks and pain points for customers.
- Understand the current landscape of ML at Pinterest, including key systems, customers, stakeholders and leaders
- Establish the vision, strategy, technical direction and success metrics for complex, cross-functional ML platforms
- Establish effective cross-functional processes to anticipate, understand, prioritize and exceed the needs and requirements of customers
- Build clear and transparent communication channels to align internal stakeholders and delivery teams
- BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience (4+ years in a technical or analytical role)
- 5+ years experience in a technology management role (engineering manager, product manager, program manager or technical consulting engagement manager)
- Exposure to machine learning, data mining or data analytics products and solutions
- Prior software development experience, especially with highly scalable and distributed systems
- Prior Product Management experience and strong technical breadth and judgement - ability to quickly ramp up and go deep on a range of technologies, ability to identify technical risks and tradeoffs
- Comfort with a fast-changing environment and ability to manage ambiguity, while focusing on execution and delivery in a data-informed environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally to identify opportunities and deliver solutions
- As a role that straddles the line between Product and Technical Program Management, prior experience as a PM or TPM is highly desirable