Pinterest helps millions of people across the globe find the inspiration to create a life they love. We’re looking for a seasoned and practical employment lawyer to join our team. You will be the second employment lawyer for the company and report to our Senior Counsel, Global Labor and Employment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small and nimble legal team supporting a growing company with a global workforce across five continents.
- Provide advice and strategic support to the People Team and business leaders across the company on a range of employment law issues including those relating to recruiting, hiring, performance management, re-organizations, compensation and benefits, accommodations, leaves of absence, diversity programs, employee classification and contingent workforces, and other employment-related matters.
- Draft and negotiate employment-related agreements, guidelines, contracts, benefits plans, and policies
- Partner with our People Team to build efficient processes to maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Coordinate and drive completion of employment related projects, including internal process reviews, new policy roll-outs and implementation, and training programs
- Develop creative approaches to managing legal risks and resolving disputes
- Participate in creation and delivery of training related to employment law matters
- Assist in the development, implementation, and enforcement of company policies
- Manage employment-related disputes and litigation
- JD with at least 5 years of experience handling employment issues in a demanding and innovative legal environment; admission to California Bar preferred; in-house registration in California required
- World-class expertise in employment counseling with a strong understanding of California and federal employment law; prior in-house experience strongly preferred; international experience preferred but not required
- Track record of delivering pragmatic solutions to novel legal problems and resolving disputes efficiently and effectively
- Proven ability to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and independently
- Strong work ethic, exceptional judgment and impeccable integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in building strong cross-functional relationships