Pinterest brings millions of people across the globe the inspiration to create a life they love. We’re looking for an experienced and pragmatic attorney to join our compliance team. As an integrated part of our legal department, you will work closely with our legal and public policy teams to sustain Pinterest’s strong ethical culture and to help us proactively manage compliance risks and ensure we operate consistently with our company values. We are a small and nimble legal team supporting a growing company, so you’ll cover a lot of ground. This role reports directly to our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Help grow and maintain a strong ethical culture throughout the organization.
- Provide legal advice and strategic support for legal and regulatory compliance matters across the company, including the areas of ethics, code of conduct, anti-corruption/anti-bribery and global trade.
- Stay on top of new and pending regulations to evaluate impact on the business and find solutions to ensure compliance.
- Develop and communicate compliance policies, programs and training to ensure employees, suppliers and other partners understand ethics and compliance issues, Pinterest values and our expectations.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of risk management processes, and manage and conduct internal compliance investigations, risk assessments and remediations.
- Partner with a wide range of cross-functional teams, including public policy, product, engineering, sales, people, and finance, to coordinate and implement compliance programs and initiatives.
- JD with at least 5 years of experience handling compliance-related legal issues in a demanding and innovative legal environment.
- Admission to California Bar or in-house registration in California required.
- Familiarity with California, US and international laws and regulations on compliance topics; specialist knowledge in one or more compliance-related legal disciplines (e.g., FCPA).
- Exceptional judgment, impeccable integrity, insatiable curiosity.
- Ability to quickly assess business challenges and make risk-weighted recommendations under pressure.
- Proven ability to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and independently.
- Excellent communication skills and strong project management skills, with the ability to build and scale programs.