International Pinners make up a growing portion of our overall users, and we want to make sure they have the same quality experience that everyone else has on Pinterest. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Program Manager experienced in Product Localization and linguistic QA to help Pinterest achieve our full global potential. You'll work closely with our engineering and international teams to shape the experience of millions of Pinners around the globe. This is a 6-month contract role onsite in San Francisco.
What you’ll do:
- Work with engineering teams across Pinterest to ensure localizability best practices are followed to minimize downstream issues and decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions.
- Maintain consumer products linguistic QA program by partnering with vendors, writing product test plans, implementing the QA processes for all platforms, and creating translation-quality scorecards for reporting to stakeholders.
- Ensure smooth and scalable localization handoffs and deliveries with the localization vendor and maintain regular communications with them to ensure that both sides are set up for success on an ongoing basis.
- Be a Jira Master and manage a company-wide international triage service desk by vetting and routing international bugs to stakeholders: review, prioritize, track progress and extrapolate product insights of issues that affect international content relevancy, quality, and functionality.
- Document localization workflows and identify gaps or inefficiencies in project management tools and processes within and between teams and suggest improvements.
- Educate and guide engineers, product managers and designers on internationalization and localization best practices.
- 3+ years of experience in localization program management.
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools.
- BA/BS in Linguistic, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of a second (or third!) language.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, and passionate about working cross-functionally and cross-culturally.