Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online advertising platforms and our continued success depends on the reliability, performance, and scalability of the Ads indexing systems. You'll help us build the next-generation ads audience targeting infrastructure that will deliver world class performance and scale to 10x our current size. You'll join a team of passionate backend engineers, working on multiple critical functional areas and lay the foundation for Pinterest’s business success.
- Own and innovate the core functional areas of the ads audience targeting systems — ads retargeting infra, ads indexing infra, ads database and ads retrieval infra
- Re-architect core ads audience targeting services/components to achieve greater scalability, freshness, performance, efficiency, and reliability
- Apply distributed systems principles to build next-generation ads audience targeting services/components
- 5+ years of industry experience with distributed systems, data infrastructure, and systems programming
- Experience in solving complex scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-volume distributed systems
- Proficiency in at least one of the systems languages (Java, C++)
- Experience in building and owning critical user-facing backend serving systems