Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love. We are a place that takes the privacy and safety of our Pinners’ data to the most serious extent. As a data engineer in our Dublin office, you'll be working on GDPR, compliance, and data privacy-related data initiatives. You'll be a cultural ambassador to establish the engineering culture in Dublin, and also have the exciting opportunity to work cross-functionally with our legal team and technical program management teams to make Pinterest an even safer place.
- Work with our legal team and technical program managers to implement big data frameworks and systems related to GDPR
- Act as an engineering face to auditors, translate requirements from compliance into actual implementation
- Be a cultural ambassador to establish the engineering culture in Dublin
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience around big data.
- Extensive programming experience in Python/Scala/Java.
- Extensive experience with one or more of the following frameworks: Spark, Hive, and Hadoop.
- Relevant background on GDPR and privacy compliance.