Pinterest helps millions of people across the globe discover and do the things they love. We’re looking for a privacy professional to join our legal team to support our worldwide data privacy and data protection programs and manage key work streams. This will require superb project management skills, the ability to collaborate across multiple functions, and the initiative to drive the adoption of privacy and security principles throughout the organization. Among other things, you’ll advise teams on legal issues, business strategies and other matters related to privacy and data protection, and you’ll also negotiate and draft privacy and security-related provisions of agreements. In other words, you will cover a lot of important ground.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal and external privacy policies, disclosures and consents for compliance, accuracy, and clarity.
- Build processes to support a scalable privacy and data protection program designed to comply with global privacy regimes.
- Manage compliance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations in the U.S. and around the world.
- Assist in security incident responses and internal investigations.
- Collaborate with public policy team to monitor privacy- and data protection-related developments and assist in preparing communications with regulators as necessary.
- Support other legal team members in the structure, negotiation of data and privacy related provisions in vendor and advertiser agreements.
- Coordinate annual renewal of Privacy Shield self-certification.
- Review privacy and data access escalations for privacy related topics.
- Provide approvals for data use cases from product, marketing, and engineering.
- JD, with 4+ years of experience in managing, operating data privacy and data protection programs. Privacy certification, CIPP, CIPT or CIPM preferred.
- Familiarity with the U.S. and international privacy and data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Track record of developing practical solutions to novel problems.
- Proven ability to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and independently.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Ability to translate legal requirements to product requirements.
- Understand technology and how platforms such as Pinterest build products.
- Understand big data systems and architecture.