Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love for everything; whether that be tonight’s dinner, next summer’s vacation, or a dream house down the road. We’re looking for talented backend software engineers to help us build and deliver Pinterest to those millions of people all over the world. You should be a generalist who's passionate about building large-scale distributed systems that are fast and scalable. We are building the world's first discovery engine, serving up millions of recommendations to an incredibly loyal user base. The team is also building one of the fastest-growing online ad platforms, and our success depends on mining rich user interest data that helps us connect users with relevant advertisers. As you kickstart your career at Pinterest, you’ll help us maneuver through crazy growth and insane scale while pinpointing tomorrow’s engineering challenges.
- Work on small teams to build infrastructure in areas like storage, caching, spam detection, analytics, and engineering efficiency, large scale distributed systems, and machine learning platform
- Build scalable and reliable systems that efficiently process data for a quickly growing product
- Explore new technologies and cutting edge infrastructure designs to optimize, build and serve one of the world’s largest interests graphs
- PhD in Computer Science or closely related field
- Knowledge of Python, C/C++ and/or Java
- Experience with databases, distributed systems, machine learning platforms, operating system internals, networking and file systems also a plus