Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love for everything; whether that be tonight’s dinner, next summer’s vacation, or a dream house down the road. As the Workplace Events Manager, you’ll oversee the HQ team with event bookings, ensuring company guidelines are being met, invoicing, budget tracking and metrics upkeep. As a team we focus on bringing inspiration to events daily; from assisting an employee to execute the perfect client meeting to helping plan global offices end of year holiday parties. In doing so, we help create a workplace environment that’s fun, inspirational and allows employees the ability to drive home our company’s mission in their daily work.
What you’ll do:
- Event Strategy: Collaborate and strategize with workplace and cross-functional teams to develop a strong home base of events at HQ that can expand our company culture globally.
- Event Programming: Ensure positioning, messaging, goals, deliverables, and tactics are achieved before, during, and after each respective event
- Event Production: Lead internal event partners including culinary, security, building engineering, IT, movers, other vendor services and event stakeholders to ensure the client/employees vision is executed properly
- Role Model: to maintain team morale you will behavior best practices, be the example and encourage everyday positivity and inspiration
- Off-Site Event Planning: Collaborate and coordinate with remote offices to assist in planning annual off-site events such as summer and winter holiday parties. Working with Pinterest security and compliance teams to ensure safety and accordance with Pinterest, Inc policies prior to booking as well as extensive vendor research, cost comparisons, and contract execution.
- Own ad hoc projects and day to day operations related to workplace services (sometimes outside of the event org) to continue alignment and evolving branding of our overall company culture
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of work experience in event management with an emphasis on program development, detailed event planning, vendor management, vendor contracts, and direct report managing skills.
- Experience in managing budgets, financial planning and tracking
- Flexible schedule based on event calendar; early mornings for international offices, some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent organizational skills to execute multitasking in a deadline-oriented environment with quick turn-around times.
- Enthusiastic, driven, positive, hard-working professional that wants to learn and grow within an evolving workplace. Always putting personal agendas aside and driving focus on company success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with an emphasis on customer service, positivity and the ability to proactively address clients needs