Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love for everything; whether that be tonight’s dinner, next summer’s vacation, or a dream house down the road. The Sales Strategy and Operations team is a key partner organization for Pinterest’s advertising sales leaders across the world. Team members are experts in business strategy, operations, and analytical and strategic thinking. They are pragmatic and results-oriented.
- Work directly with key sales leaders on critical strategic, organizational and operational projects designed to increase revenue, sales productivity and operational efficiency. Structure and execute on these projects by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations.
- Analyze and determine key insights from key business drivers, trends and operating metrics. Translate data into insights and action.
- Take advantage of large amounts of structured data to understand how our customers interact with our product and service offerings.
- Produce ad-hoc analyses to aid the team in understanding customer behavior, develop POVs, and drive decision-making.
- Present recommendations to business & sales leadership including our COO, Head of Global Sales, and other leaders.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, Measurement, Product and Finance.
- Lead projects, see around corners and provide coaching and thought partnership to your team.
- BA/BS degree in quantitative or analytical major (business, engineering, mathematics, accounting, economics), MBA preferred
5-7+ years of professional experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or equivalent project management experience in a technology/media company
- A strong track record of identifying key questions, connecting the dots, performing analyses independently, and communicating findings in a clear and concise way.
- Strong capabilities for crafting and presenting analyses and insights to senior executives.
- Understanding of sales and digital advertising platforms plus a working knowledge of sales systems and tools.
- Must have strong data analytics skills, including Excel. Knowledge of SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau is a plus, but not required.
- Proven ability to be successful in a complex, fast-paced environment, planning and managing at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Organized, detail-oriented and strategically focused.
- Experience with online marketing and advertising.