Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love for everything; whether that be tonight’s dinner, next summer’s vacation, or a dream house down the road. As an early member of the Business Operations and Strategy team, you’ll focus on driving critical business insights for our Executive Team while partnering with leaders throughout Pinterest to fundamentally improve how we operate as a business. With a combination of exceptional analytical skills, an insatiable curiosity, and an entrepreneurial, “get stuff done” mindset, you’ll help us better understand our Pinners, Customers, and products, and drive important changes that will shape the future of Pinterest.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, usage, customers, and products and how they impact our business to inform important decisions across the organization. Define critical KPIs and build core operating dashboards to help manage performance and drive operational rigor.
- Tackle key go-to-market questions around critical growth initiatives, and partner with leaders throughout Pinterest to build and refine business cases for large potential investments. Present insights and recommendations clearly and compellingly to senior leadership.
- Drive “follow through” for critical initiatives from concept to execution. Identify opportunities for operational improvement and change and lead projects with a diverse array of cross-functional partners.
- Build and manage the models for revenue and other core enterprise metrics that drive forecasting and strategic planning for the entire company. Work closely with the Finance team and senior leaders to craft regular updates to the Board of Directors and Executive Team.
- You’ve been a top performer for 2-4+ years in an investing, consulting, investment banking, product, and/or other highly analytical role at a fast-growing company; knowledge of the consumer internet and media ecosystem is a plus.
- You’re a true expert in a variety of advanced analytical tools, including Excel, Tableau, and/or SQL (and in areas you’re not, you have the growth mindset to learn it); knowledge of Python and R is a plus.
- You thrive in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment, and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction.
- Structured thinker who also loves the details. You’re as comfortable solving conceptual problems and creating frameworks to refine a team’s thinking as you are getting into the weeds to understand the details of how things work.
- You can move seamlessly between conversing with engineers or frontline ops employees and leading presentations with senior executives.You have a proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so a low ego and a high instinct for collaboration are musts.