Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love for everything; whether that be tonight’s dinner, next summer’s vacation, or a dream house down the road. We’re looking for an inspiring lawyer to join us. We're a small and nimble commercial legal team supporting a growing business, so you'll cover a lot of ground. In this role, your primary focus will be supporting the marketing and business development teams.
- Advise the global marketing team in legal and regulatory issues for advertising and promotional initiatives
- Advise clients in structuring complex commercial transactions, including partnership agreements and a broad range of agreements in support of the marketing team
- Advise teams on international contests and sweepstakes
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements related to the operation of our business
- Partner with a wide range of cross functional teams, including marketing, business development, sales, finance, and operations, to advise on legal issues
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in Pinterest Legal, including intellectual property, compliance and privacy attorneys to analyze legal risks
- Develop and drive implementation of measures to mitigate risk, increase speed and efficiency, and advance the long-term goals of Pinterest.
- JD, with 5+ years relevant work experience in a demanding and innovative legal environment; admission to California Bar preferred
- Understanding of advertising, marketing, media, consumer, intellectual property, and right of publicity laws and regulations
- Strong negotiation and commercial, partnership, and media contract and licensing skills
- Exceptional judgment, impeccable integrity, insatiable curiosity, strong work ethic, sense of humor
- Track record of developing creative and practical solutions to novel problems and taking the initiative to implement those solutions
- Proven ability to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and independently
- Eagerness to learn with a strong desire to embrace an entrepreneurial, flexible, and collaborative working style