Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love for everything; whether that be tonight’s dinner, next summer’s vacation, or a dream house down the road. Our Visual Search team, which is responsible for building novel visual discovery experiences such as the recently announced Lens, is looking for an experienced search infra/ranking engineer. You will help us develop the core ranking algorithm for our recommendation systems, scale our world-class visual search to help serve billions of requests per month, and have a high degree of autonomy in guiding the product direction.
- Build infrastructure to help us improve visual search quality and result ranking
- Impact hundreds of millions of users by building technology powering the next generation of visual discovery products, such as Pinterest Lens and Visual Search
- Work in a fast-paced environment with a quick cadence of user research, experimentation, and product launches
- Passionate about visual search and applied computer vision problems
- 3+ years experience applying deep learning methods in settings like transfer learning with visual embeddings, object detection, classification, and fine-grained recognition
- Industry experience in deploying ML/DL models into production (familiarity with scalability/latency/portability concerns, experience with experimentation and hyperparameter tuning)
- Experience with learning from ranking labels (i.e. triplet learning, metric learning, etc.) and deploying ranking models (i.e. learn-to-rank)