Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love for everything; whether that be tonight’s dinner, next summer’s vacation, or a dream house down the road. As the manager for logging platform team at Pinterest, you'll work on large Kafka deployment to enable the rest of the company to collect log messages and derive insights for product decisions. You’ll be part of the data engineering team, working on some of the most interesting infrastructure challenges with a world-class team of engineers towards the mission of enabling data-driven products and insights at Pinterest.
- Build the team responsible for log collection and transportation.
- Work with cross functional partners on various data collection and streaming use cases.
- Work in an agile environment to manage and operationalize Kafka, and Zookeeper deployment.
- Drive Kafka performance issues out of Operations, in collaboration with various internal organizations.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- 4+ years of solid experience in managing, monitoring, scaling and troubleshooting performance issues with Kafka.