Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love for everything; whether that be tonight’s dinner, next summer’s vacation, or a dream house down the road. As a founding member of a small, newly-formed Finance Operations & Analytics team, you’ll focus on implementing scalable systems and processes that provide metrics visibility for our senior leaders, enable business analysts to generate insights, and power our mission-critical reporting as a public company. With an irrational love for data visualization and metrics, deep systems thinking, and an entrepreneurial, “get stuff done” mindset, you’ll build the backbone for how the Finance organization (and Pinterest more broadly) is managed. If this sounds like fun, we’d love to hear from you!
- You will lead a small, nimble team of BI analysts and project managers to help increase analyst velocity and metrics confidence by making it fast and easy to use accurate, reliable data for decision-making across the company. You’ll earn the trust of both senior leaders that our data means what we want it to mean, and of key internal stakeholders by coming up with solutions to the pain points they face when operating in our data environment.
- You will roll up your sleeves with your team to build and maintain the core data workflows and management dashboards senior executives use on a daily basis to understand the health of the business, and partner with our BI, Data Engineering, and IT teams to architect scalable solutions for integrating your solutions with our enterprise source-of-truth datasets.
- You will be the primary business point of contact for cross-functional teams spanning Finance, Accounting, Legal, Compliance, and Engineering on key analytics programs including data governance and data quality, and help implement scalable data access controls and policies critical to operating as a public company.
- As Pinterest continues to grow in scale and complexity, you will help facilitate the on-time delivery of major analytics projects including new metrics and datasets, new processes to certify their accuracy, and broader design of the company’s data warehouse environment. You’ll also find opportunities across the Finance team to drive increased efficiency through automation of manual processes.
- You are a high performing technology leader with 10+ years of experience in business intelligence / data / analytics, and a proven track record of 6+ years managing business-minded technical teams. You’ve designed effective and healthy team structures that make data teams more effective and ultimately help raise the data maturity level of entire organizations, and have strong empathy for data staff and what they need from their data foundations to be effective.
- You thrive in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment, and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, influencing cross-functional stakeholders and their priorities, and delivering results without waiting for direction. You are equally comfortable interfacing with business analysts, engineers, lawyers, and senior executives, can explain technical topics at the appropriate level of detail for each audience, and can project manage a complex roadmap that appropriately balances the needs of these varying stakeholders.
- Now that we’re a publicly-traded company, knowledge of industry best practices around data governance and metrics accuracy will be increasingly critical, and you’ve been an internal champion around prioritizing this work and helping implement best practices at prior organizations.
- You are fluent with BI and data visualization tools, including Tableau, and have built complex dashboarding systems optimized for self-serve use by non-technical business users. You are an advanced SQL user that can quickly navigate our data environment in a self-serve way.