Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love for everything; whether that be tonight’s dinner, next summer’s vacation, or a dream house down the road. We’re looking for a data scientist to help us forecast Pinterest’s most critical metrics with an initial focus on future user growth and engagement by building predictive models. You will work closely with product, data science, and business groups to understand and model our product and business performance and investments. The output of your models will provide context for product and business performance management and serve as an input into the company’s top-line user growth goals. You will also own the development of our forecasting tools using internal tooling as well as incorporating leading industry standards. If this sounds like fun, we’d love to hear from you!
- Build the statistical predictive models to support the production of Pinterest’s user growth estimates on a quarterly basis, constantly improve upon forecasting methodologies by using new data sources, fine-tuning parameters, and running computational experiments
- Develop a deep understanding of how forecast outputs are expected to behave, present model output in a format that is useful to understand drivers of user growth and drive root cause analysis for forecast in-accuracies
- Closely partner with product, finance, and engineering teams to put your solutions into practice and to re-engineer existing processes
- Contribute or lead related strategic initiatives which require data science rigor to support user growth
- Over 5 years of industry experience with proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems on web scale data; at least 2 years of experience in forecasting time series data
- Deep understanding of time series forecasting and analysis
- Expert in at least one scripting language(Python/R); Proficient in SQL/Hive
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams, with the ability to translate complex technical ideas to an audience with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- You possess a strong technical background and excel at explaining complex statistical concepts to senior management and business teams.
- Experience in analyzing and forecasting time series at consumer tech companies.