Pinterest personalizes millions of experiences by using machine learning algorithms to sift through our catalog of one hundred billion Pins to find the best content for each Pinner. It is critical to measure the users experience across Pinterest and identify opportunities for improvement. The Discovery Measurements team’s charter is to establish human-powered ground truth for major Pinterest products, e.g. Search and Ads, and develop company critical measurements about relevance, domain quality, session experience, retention, etc. As we look to scale these platforms both vertically and horizontally, we’re looking for strong software engineers to join the team to drive technical excellence and curiosity. We need someone who has experience as a backend developer as well as drive to dive into challenging data processing and data mining problems.
- Design and scale company-wide online & offline measurement platforms for organic and ad content
- Design and develop company critical measurements, including relevance, domain quality, session experience, retention, user satisfaction
- Establish technical foundation to generate insightful signals about Pins and Pinners that could power other ML models in the Pinterest ecosystem
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to align engineering efforts for high impact technical initiatives
- Strong programmer in one of the following languages such as Python, Java or C++
- Familiar with large data processing and measurement. Data mining experience is a strong plus.
- B.S. with 4+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Hands on experience in large data collection and processing;
- Background in Data science or statistics is a strong plus
- Curiosity for leveraging data and metrics to identify challenging opportunities and build impactful solutions