As a Data Engineer on the Logging Platform team you'll work on large Kafka deployment to enable the rest of the company to collect log messages and derive insights for product decisions. You’ll be part of the data engineering team, working on some of the most interesting infrastructure challenges with a world-class team of engineers towards the mission of enabling data-driven products and insights at Pinterest.
- Work in an agile environment to manage and operationalize Kafka and Zookeeper deployment.
- Lead the responsibility of monitoring, turning, and partitioning Kafka deployment at large scale.
- Drive Kafka performance issues out of Operations, in collaboration with various internal organizations.
- 2+ years of solid experience in managing, monitoring, scaling and troubleshooting performance issues with Kafka and Zookeeper.
- 4+ years of experience with Java, Python, Puppet, bash in a Linux/UNIX data center environment.
- Knowledge or experience with large scale distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience as a systems/operations engineer or system administrator is a plus