Pinterest is a highly data-driven business and product and our engineers move fast to deliver the best experience and features for our pinners. We depend on having great instrumentation, developer tools, and build processes that will enable engineers to move rapidly without compromising quality of our products or accuracy and trust in our key enterprise metrics.
We’re looking for an experienced iOS engineer to join our Metrics Quality and Test Tools Team. You will work very closely with engineers, analysts and product leaders across the company to build the instrumentation libraries, tools and CI pipelines that will enable engineers across the company to make the right decisions and deliver the best experience and features to our Pinners. This is a great opportunity for broad and deep exposure and understanding of the Pinterest client apps and the end-to-end data pipelines.
What you’ll do:
- Develop tools, frameworks and instrumentation libraries that will be used by developers across the company to measure and monitor product quality and metric accuracy
- Build the tools for automating the process of investigating and triaging issues with product metrics or quality issues
- Build Continuous Integration tools and pipelines used by engineers across the company to enable them to move fast while maintaining a high quality bar.
What we’re looking for:
- Four or more years of experience developing user-facing features or developer tools.
- Strong experience in writing reliable, maintainable, and powerful code that will be used by many other engineers.
- Experience building tools and Continuous Integration pipelines to speed up developer velocity.
- Experience building measurements of user behavior on iOS applications.
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with a diverse array of partners, including product managers and engineers across a variety of platforms and teams, data engineers and analysts.
- Nice to have: Experience with relational databases and query languages.