We’re looking for a site reliability engineer to build and run our large-scale distributed systems and to ensure Pinterest’s site reliability. You’ll design, build and monitor our applications and infrastructure that handle billions of monthly page views and petabytes of data.
- Design, build and operate a subset of our data technologies stack: Hadoop, MySQL, ElasticSearch, ZooKeeper, HBase, Memcache and Kafka with a focus on reliability, automation, operability and performance.
- Develop software solutions to enable operability of large scale distributed systems handling petabytes of data.
- Manage capacity and performance to help scale our infrastructure both on public and private clouds around the world.
- 5+ years of fulltime industry experience
- Strong programming skills in a modern programming environment
- Proficient in either Python, Java, Go, or C.
- Experience developing and architecting solutions using both SQL and no-SQL databases, i.e. MySQL and Memcache
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix/BSD internals