Pinterest is focusing on improving its support for shopping and product discovery. You’ll apply state-of-art data mining and machine learning techniques to significantly increase the product search and recommendation relevance. You’ll also work on the problem of understanding user intentions and use it to generate personalized shopping experiences for hundreds of millions users.
- Use machine learning, natural language processing, and graph analysis to solve a mix of modeling and ranking problems involving matching users with products.
- Design and build machine learning systems that process and classify Internet-scale content
- Run experiments to generate and confirm hypotheses to improve key quality metrics
- Use Big Data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm) for building large scale data mining pipelines
- Over 3 years of experience with algorithms, data structures and coding
- Solid experience in machine learning/data mining
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, Python)
- Experience in MapReduce/Hadoop and/or distributed systems