Pinterest helps you discover and do what you love. We have more than 250M monthly active users who actively curate an ecosystem of more than 100B pins (ideas) on more than 1B boards, creating a rich human curated graph of immense value. Technically, we are building out an internet scale personalized recommendation engine in 22+ languages, which requires a deep understanding of the users and content on our platform. As an engineer on the International Content team, you’ll work on content classification, international expansion and ranking. Engineers of this team often make measurably positive impact on hundreds of millions of users with improved machine learning modeling and featurization breakthroughs.
- Work with a group of friendly and experienced ML engineers to build the next generation ML signal pipeline widely used in Pinterest, including candidate generation, featurization and ranking model improvement.
- Design and build systems that combine machine learning and product design to continuously improve over time.
- Build end-to-end ML pipelines, develop state-of-the-art embeddings signals, and expand our ML signal offerings to improve the Pinterest experience internationally.
- Partner closely with other product teams across the organization to experiment with different algorithms and validate their effectiveness, while gaining knowledge of how ML works in all these products.
- 4+ years of software engineering/ML expertise and the ability to build scalable systems
- Knowledge of algorithms, data-structures and measurement/statistics.
- Practical experiences in machine learning products and systems
- Experience working with large code bases, cross team collaboration, mentoring other engineers, giving and getting feedback, and reviewing code/systems.
- Experience with MapReduce/Hadoop and/or distributed systems.
- Natural language processing or information retrieval is a plus