Pinterest’s mission is to empower people to discover and do the things that they love. In a lot of instances, “Do” involves purchasing a product; that could be a couch for your living room or that fashionable new pair of jeans. In order to enable Pinners to act, we need need to build the catalogue of the world’s best products and make them discoverable by the right Pinners at the right time.
SPX is a brand new vertical team that owns the end-to-end partner experience for merchants spanning feed ingestion, opportunity sizing, campaign creation, measurement & reporting. As a founding member of the team you will get to know every aspect of the business, understand the challenges, and tackle scaling problems. We are looking for strong full stack engineers who are passionate about responsive and intuitive user interfaces with a focus on user experience and accessibility.
- Work as a full stack software engineer driving the frontend and backend architecture and development for building merchant center platform.
- Develop responsive user interfaces with focus on user experience and accessibility.
- Design and develop efficient and scalable database schemas and backend APIs to support the web platform.
- Work with product managers to understand the business requirements, and translate it into sound architecture and technical requirements.
- Participate in peer code reviews and influence technical designs.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Strong expertise in developing backend API services in Python/Java/Scala.
- Good experience working with relational databases like MySQL/Postgres.
- Adept in working on the command line in linux environment.
- Ability to work cross functional teams with product, infra, and ads teams.